500™ - University Trial “In Vivo”
National Autonomous University of Mexico
- Augst 19th, 2004
Response to the use of Phytex 500™ in the formulation of layer
Teaching and Research Center and
Poultry Prodcution Extention, FMVZ UNAM .
Drs. Benjamin Fuente, Fco.Javier Tirado and Ernesto Avila
Materials and Methods
- 240 Hy Line layers of age, 64 weeks old were distributed in
four treatments , each with 5 replications per treatment and 12
layres per repetitions.
- Free access of water and normal layer handling methods were
- T1) Control diet with 15% protein and low level of inorganic
phosphorous (Pi) and Calcium (Ca), according to normal levels
used in research
- T2) Same control diet, reformulated (Less 0.1% of Pi y Ca).
- T3) Same reformulated (T2) plus de addition of Phytex 500™
- T4) Commercial diet with 17.5% proteín and high level
of Pi y Ca.
The trial period was 35 days.
The following parameters were measured:
- Percentage egg production
- Feed consumption
- Feed conversion
- Egg mass
- Egg thickness
- Cost / benefit ratio
The results are shown in the following slide.
Response in Egg Production to the Use of Phytex 500™
(Layers - Hy line)
Response in Egg Weight to the use of Phytex 500™ (Layers -
Response in feed consumption to the use of Phytex 500™ (Layers-
Response in feed conversion with the use of Phytex 500™ (Hence
- Hy line)
Response in Egg Mass to the use of Phytex 500™ (Hence- Hy
Diet with Phytex 500™ represents 10.7% less, vs.
Comparative Egg Production Cost with the use of Phytex 500™
Total Phosphorous and Phytic P in Feed Ingredients
- Phytex 500™ can substitute the addition of 0.1% phosphorous
and calcium in layer diets without affecting egg production parameters.
- The results obtained with the addition of Phytex 500 are in
accordance with results reported by other researchers with other